Matryoshka- a Russian doll with a secret

Matryoshka- a Russian doll with a secret

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

“Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow”- Albert Einstein

Week 7. RSS

Were you able to successfully set up your RSS feed? If not, where did you run into problems? If you were successful, does this make information-gathering more convenient for you?

I was able to set up an RSS account with my colleagues’ help (thank you, Maureen, Donna- Lou, and Sylvie!) but it took a while to activate it. I had to wait a few days for e-mail verification, then switch into Gmail address, and after that, got it finally working. It wasn’t Really Simple in my case!
I realize that for someone it might work, and it’s probably nice to have all your favorite blogs, web-sites, links, etc. in one “web-storage” but for me personally, it’s another account, and another hassle. I am perfectly fine with saving my feeds under Favorites.
Anyway, thank you to our trainers for showing Bloglines as another useful resource of Twenty-First Century Literacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment